Luxury Bordeaux "Grand Cru" Wine Tasting & Walking Tour - 6 Days/5 Nights
Tour & taste at famous estates of Chateau Haut Brion, Chateau d'Yquem and other 1st growths of the region!
(with daily options for both walkers and non-walkers alike)
Tour Itinerary • Bordeaux
Dates & Prices
Award winning France Off the Beaten Path Tours Voted BEST Active, Gourmet Tours in France for Discerning Travelers by Conde Nast, National Geographic, Forbes Traveler, CNN Traveller, USA Today, The New York Times, eHow.com, Gourmet Get-a-Ways, Travel & Leisure and many more!
Join Off the Beaten Path for a journey along the back roads of Bordeaux and Saint Emilion wine country during this 6 day/5 night wine tasting and gourmet walking tour for unparalleled fun, great food and exceptional wines in an unpretentious, small group. As wine industry insiders, we secure winery tours and VIP wine tasting that are unavailable to the public. Designed for the discerning, active traveler...
- Professional Off the Beaten Path, LLC Guide(s) Bordeaux wine industry insider guides, and a culinary and walking guide
- Tour and taste at leading, classified "Grand Cru" wine estates (chateaux) that are inaccessible to the public!
- Indulge in exclusive, VIP wine tasting of multiple vintages at the conclusion of each winery tour.
- Discover producers' differing vinification processes.
- Share in authentic local experiences along the roads less traveled during 3 different walks through prestigious vineyards and countryside in Saint Emilion, Sauternes and Graves.
- 12 MEALS included - Savor sumptuous gourmet meals of Bordelaise specialties throughout the trip.
- Classified and "Grand Cru" Bordeaux wines and non-alcoholic beverages included at all group meals.
- Participate in a hands-on cooking class with our friend, a local, celebrity master chef at his traditional farm home in Sauternes.
- Enjoy a private gourmet "picker's lunch" at a classified wine producer Chateau Troplong-Mondot in Saint Emilion Jurisdiction.
- Dine as VIP guests during a private, gourmet lunch at "Grand Cru" producer Chateau Haut Bailly in the Graves appellation.
- Pause to take photos during walks, pick grapes, smell the flowers and talk to cellar masters.
- Enjoy a guided, historical walking tour of Bordeaux.
- Partake in the Caudalie Vinotherapy Spa services.
- Spend leisure time exploring beautiful, historical downtown Bordeaux.
And pamper yourself sleeping in style enjoying 5 nights accommodations at 5-star, luxury hotel, Les Sources de Caudalie Resort & Spa, a local gem that is located amidst beautiful, classified vineyards, and has been featured on both Conde Nast's and CNN Traveler's top 10, luxury, hotel list of places to stay while in Bordeaux wine country, is rated No. 1 on Trip Advisor and No. 2 on National Geographic's BEST Vineyard Stays list! (NO hotel hopping) Come and enjoy the very BEST that Bordeaux wine country has to offer!
Who are Off the Beaten Path, LLC Bordeaux Tours designed for?
No experience is necessary...Off the Beaten Path, LLC Bordeaux wine country tours are designed for travelers interested in a small group tour that includes a variety of engaging activities (cooking class, daily walks, winery tours and wine tasting, cultural discovery), leisure time, professional and knowledgeable tour guides, luxury hotel accommodations (NEVER any hotel hopping) and sumptuous gourmet meals-some in unique and exclusive locations. It's vacation and Off the Beaten Path tours are all about having fun, being active, enjoying new experiences, discovering Bordeaux wine country along the slow road!
EMAIL US or CALL 1-877-846-2831 to speak with a tour specialist.
Confirmed list of classified 1st growth wine producers we visit during our 2013 harvest tours.
Bordeaux is a very exclusive and closed world during the harvest. Rarely do producers open their doors to the public during the harvest. However, as Bordeaux industry insiders, we are happy to be able to use our priveleged relationships and connections to make visits to the following estates possible during our annual harvest tours. These producers are the "creme de la creme" of the Bordeaux wine world!
- Chateau Haut Brion & La Mission Haut Brion - (1st growth grand cru 1855 classified - red and Graves grand cru 1953 classified/ratified 1959 - red)
- Chateau d'Yquem (Superior 1st growth grand cru 1855 classified - white)
- Chateau La Tour Blanche (1st growth grand cru 1855 classified - white)
- Chateau Figeac (Saint Emilion 1st growth grand cru classified B - red) - same terroir as Chateau Cheval Blanc
- Chateau Troplong-Mondot (Saint Emilion 1st growth grand cru classified B - red)
- Chateau Carbonnieux (Graves grand cru 1953 classified/ratified 1959 - red and white)
- Chateau Haut Bailly (Graves grand cru 1953 classified/ratified 1959 - red)
- Chateau Smith Haut LaFitte (Graves grand cru 1953 classified/ratified 1959 - red)
Bordeaux Tour Guest Testimonials
"Our guide was great with organization and ensuring that every detail of this trip was as perfect as possible. The winery tours were excellent. Antoine's cooking class was superb-loved being in the Chef's home cooking and tasting wines and the Armagnac from his personal collection! Loved all of the walking and the beautiful scenery in the vineyards. We had so much fun and will be back for your Provence Tour!" Neville and Jenny Blomeley, Brisbane, Australia (Bordeaux Wine Tasting and Gourmet Harvest Walking Tour)
"Everything really was excellent. The most important factor to me was how comfortable you made the trip for all. It's obviously very important to you that your guests are happy and it shows. This is an incredibly well thought out and planned trip! The variety of activities and winery tours, the different vinification processes and how each is so unique is very well done. There is no repetition and the week just flies by. Not only was it an awesome vacation but I also made new friends, and am very glad we did this trip. Merci!" Dwayne Jarrell, Mike Mitterman, Chicago, IL (Bordeaux Wine Tasting and Gourmet Harvest Walking Tour)